We invite researchers working in the field of Interaction Design and Children to submit outline bids for hosting and chairing IDC 2015 / 16 and 17. If you are interested, please send your bid by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com.
The bid will be reviewed by the IDC conference steering group, which includes past chairs of previous versions of this event. There is no fixed format for your bid, but please address the following points:
- Clearly identify how you and the team who will manage IDC have been involved in past IDC events.
- Explain and clarify the relevant track record at the host institution mentioning workshops and conference that the hosts have organized.
- Specify the location where the conference will be held (explain the rooms and facilities) and describe how accessible the venue is including rail and airline links and proximity of hub airports.
- Highlight the benefits of hosting IDC at your proposed venue and location for the IDC community as a whole.
- Explain how you intend that your proposal will reach out to new attendees – maybe industrial, maybe from another academic discipline and explain the unique aspects of the bid that will facilitate this outreach.
Bids that are successful at the initial stage will require further development where we will seek to have some details of a proposed programme committee and an outline of the budget. DO NOT include this in stage 1.