We invite researchers working in the field of Interaction Design and Children to submit outline bids for hosting and chairing the SIGCHI IDC conference in 2016 or 2017. If you are interested, please send your bid by mail to IDC conference coordinator Juan Pablo Hourcade email@example.com and cc to Ole Sejer Iversen, firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is 1. March 2015.
Please address the following points in your bid (do not exceed two pages):
- Clearly identify how you and the team who will manage IDC have been involved in past IDC events.
- Briefly explain and clarify the relevant track record at the host institution mentioning workshops and conferences that the hosts have organized.
- Specify the location where the conference will be held (describe the rooms and facilities) and describe how accessible the venue is including rail and airline links and proximity of hub airports.
- Highlight the benefits of hosting IDC at your proposed venue and location for the IDC community as a whole.
Explain how your bid will help IDC reach out to new attendees – maybe industrial, maybe from another academic discipline and explain the unique aspects of the bid that will facilitate this outreach.
- Identify potential sponsors, co-organizers and industry partners.
The bid will be reviewed by the IDC conference steering group, which includes past chairs of previous versions of this event. Bids that are successful at the initial stage will require further development where we will seek to have some details of a proposed program committee and an outline of the budget. DO NOT include this in stage 1. The steering committee will select the host for IDC2016 no later than 1 May 2015. The IDC2016 host will be expected to announce the conference during the IDC2015 conference in Boston. The host for IDC2017 will be selected (among two candidates) after the steering committee meeting in June 2015. IDC2017 hosts will be included in the organization committee of IDC2016 to secure continuity and knowledge sharing. IDC2016 hosts will be expected to remain involved in an advisory level for IDC2017.