Date(s) - 19/06/2018 - 22/06/2018
We welcome you to the 2018 ACM Interaction Design and Children (IDC) Conference, taking place from June 19 to 22 in Trondheim, Norway. As the 17th event in an annual series starting in 2002 in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, ACM IDC is the premier venue for research addressing the design, development and use of interactive technologies for children.
The vibrant city of Trondheim will be the ideal host for bringing together researchers, designers, and educators from a variety of backgrounds from all over the world. We are looking forward to seeing you at IDC ’18 in Trondheim.
IDC 2018 welcomes submissions in the form of full papers, short papers (notes), demonstrations, art installations, workshops, courses and work in progress / late breaking. There is also a call for participants to submit to the doctoral consortium and the research and design competition. Submissions to all tracks are invited on the following topics:
– Innovative interactive technologies for children
– Theoretically motivated arguments regarding interaction design and children
– Empirical studies concerned with the interaction of children and technology
– Methods and techniques supporting interaction design and children
– Studies of the effects of technology on children’s lives and development
– Reflective analyses on the field of child computer interaction and interaction design
– Constructive design research for and with children
– Studies discussing the involvement of children in the design process
– Future vision articles, discussing trends and directions for the field